Community Room & Shelter House
The REMC has a perfect location for your next family or business event! The meeting center and shelter house are conveniently located on State Road 60 at exit 7 off of I-65.
The REMC is pleased to make the meeting and conference center and the shelter house and park available for use by REMC members and the general public. The facilities are not available for commercial purposes or to solicit business.
The REMC reserves the right to limit the number of times the facility is used by any one person, group, or organization.
- The center has a capacity of 200 people and includes tables and chairs for use by the lessee.
- A catering kitchen is also available.
- This facility is available from 7:00 a.m. to midnight.
- Decorations: Banners, signs and decorations on the walls, ceiling, windows or doors are not permitted in the meeting center.
- The shelter house and park are open May 1 - October 31 from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The shelter house has a capacity of 145 people.
- Grills may not be used inside the shelter.
- Swimming is prohibited. Fishing is allowed on a catch and release policy.
Conditions of rental and responsibility:
- Proof of personal liability insurance prior to rental date is required. This can be faxed to 812-248-7558.
- A signed rental agreement is required prior to rental date and all fees must be paid.
- A key for the facility will be provided and should be picked up at a scheduled time between the hours of 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The key must be left in the night depository at the office after use of the facility.
- Meeting Center Rental: The lessee is responsible for opening and closing the center, cleaning the center and kitchen after the activity, setting up and taking down the tables and chairs as well as trash removal.
- Shelter House Rental: The lessee is responsible for opening and closing the park and shelter, sweeping the shelter, setting up and taking down of tables and chairs and trash removal from the shelter and grounds.
- The lessee is responsible for adherence to the REMC's policy prohibiting smoking, alcohol and drugs on the premises and all other covenants and conditions as noted in the rental agreement.
- $100 Refundable Security Deposit
- $267.50 (includes tax) Rental fee REMC Members
- $364.50 (includes tax) Rental fee for non-members
Separate checks are requested for the rental fee and the security deposit. Refund of the security deposit is contingent upon adherence to all provisions of the rental agreement.
For scheduling a tour or for a rental date, please contact the REMC office at 812-246-3316 during normal business hours.