Clark County REMC will sponsor four students on the annual Indiana Electric Cooperative Youth Tour to Washington, D.C. June 8-15, 2017.
Download the form below to submit.
Applications are due to Clark County REMC no later than Friday, February 10, 2017.
The Indiana Youth Tour to Washington, D.C., is taken each year to provide young adults with the opportunity to travel to our nation’s capital:
- to experience first hand how our government functions,
- to learn about the complexities of today’s electric utility industry,
- to discover the unique characteristics of cooperative business enterprise,
- to meet and work with hundreds of their peers from throughout the United States
Travel Dates & Cost
The Youth Tour delegation will meet in Indianapolis Thursday, June 8, 2017. We will return to the headquarters of Indiana Electric Cooperatives Thursday, June 15, 2017.
All travel expenses to and from Indianapolis to Washington, D.C., meals, lodging, and scheduled event fees will be borne by the sponsors of the Youth Tour.* Travel to and from Indianapolis, the student’s home and incidental expenses incurred by the student are not included.
To be eligible for the Indiana Youth Tour to Washington, D.C., the following provisions will govern the acceptance of applicants from the local cooperatives:
- Applicants must have completed their junior year in high school and be enrolled for their senior year. Home- schooled students are eligible to apply.
- The Indiana Youth Tour to Washington, D.C., requires a great deal of physical fitness and stamina, and may not be designed for children who need significant assistance for personal care, require constant one-on-one support, or have great difficulty managing their behavior in group settings. If your child has a special health care need, contact your electric cooperative for an evaluation of the traveler’s care needs. A final determination will be made by Indiana Electric Cooperatives. Health conditions requiring advance clearance include, but are not limited to: insulin dependent diabetes, cardiac situations, asthma, seizure disorders, mental illness, autism spectrum, and serious food allergies.
Applicants must be a son, daughter or legal ward of a member/owner (receives electric service from Clark County REMC), a director or an employee of the Clark County REMC.
The participants for the Youth Tour will be selected from students in the Clark County REMC’s service territory who meet the eligibility requirements and submit the application form and essay by February 10, 2017.
How to open the PDF below:
1. In the upper right hand corner of the PDF click on the arrow. This will open the PDF in a new window.
2. Once you open the PDF in a new window, you will see these options in the upper right hand corner:
3. Click on the Open Original button which is the open box with the arrow pointing upwards: .
4. Now print the forms to fill out by hand or save to your computer and use an editor to add your text.